Other Review Areas
- Capital Expenditure Plans: DPS-LI will review proposed plans to make electricity infrastructure improvements that may be necessary to ensure reliability or meet new demand. DPS-LI will review proposed capital expenditure plans.
- Performance Measures: DPS-LI will also review whether PSEG-LI’s has met its targets for performance regarding customer service and electric reliability. This review will help identify whether PSEG-LI’s performance entitles it to certain financial incentives or whether improvements need to be made.
- Long-Range Improvements: DPS-LI will review plans for how Long Island’s long-term electricity needs will be met.
- Management audits are periodic detailed examinations of internal policies and procedures to improve transparency and the efficiency of management and operations. The primary objective is to identify areas of strength and weakness and make recommendations for improvement.
- The first DPS comprehensive management and operations audit of LIPA was issued in September 2013, and contained 83 recommendations. These recommendations will be used by LIPA and PSEG-LI to ensure an improved level of service to electric customers on Long Island.
- The next DPS-LI management audit of LIPA will be initiated in 2016.