Matter Number 15-00262: Long Island Power Authority and PSEG Long Island Three-Year Rate Plan for 2016-2018
About the Rate Case
On January 30, 2015, PSEG Long Island submitted its three-year rate plan for 2016 thru 2018 for review by the New York State Department of Public Service (DPS) and approval by the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA). DPS will review and make recommendations to the LIPA Board of Trustees with respect to rates and charges to be established by PSEG Long Island and become applicable on or after January 1, 2016. The purpose of the review is to make recommendations designed to ensure that PSEG Long Island provides safe and adequate electric service with rates set at the lowest level consistent with sound fiscal operating practices.
Ways to Comment
- Via the Internet or Mail: The public may submit comments electronically to the Hon. Kathleen H. Burgess, Secretary, at email@example.com, or by mail or delivery to Secretary Burgess at the New York State Department of Public Service, Three Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York 12223-1350.
- Toll-Free Opinion Line: Individuals may choose to submit comments by calling the Department's Opinion Line at 1-800-335-2120. This line is set up to receive in-state calls 24 hours a day. These calls are not transcribed but a summary will be reported to the Department. If you have additional questions about the rate-making process, you may contact the Department of Public Service at 1-888-275-7721 or visit our website at www.dps.ny.gov/longisland/
- Online Comments: You may also enter comments directly into the matter file from the Department's website, www.dps.ny.gov, by searching "Matter 15-00262" and then clicking or by clicking on the following link: PSEG Long Island-Electric-Rates. Written comments may be read on the website by searching Matter 15-00262 and clicking on the "Public Comments" tab.
Staying informed of activity is easy through the Department's Document and Matter Management (DMM) System. As a registered user of the application you will be able to self-subscribe to the service or party list, submit Comments and E-File.
- E-Filing - Electronic filing through the Department's Document and Matter Management (DMM) System provides for secure, fast and accurate processing of your filings. With E-Filing you will be able to submit up to 100 MB of data of both public and confidential documents. E-Filing is the preferred method of submission of filings.
- Comments - See Submitting Comments section below.
- Service List - By subscribing to a service list for a case, an email notification will be sent to you when a filing and/or issuance is entered in the case. Subscribers can request to receive "Commission Issuances Only" or "Filings and Commissions Issuances".
- Party List - Generally, parties commit to contribute to the development of a complete record in a proceeding by conducting discovery, submitting testimony, briefs, or other formal written comments, and/or participating in evidentiary hearings, procedural conferences and other formal events conducted in the case.
For more information and step by step instructions visit:
REQUEST FOR PARTY STATUS OR SUBSCRIBE TO SERVICE LIST
Technical Conference Meetings
- February 10, 2015 – Notice of Procedural and Technical Conference on March 3, 2015
Public Statement Hearings
- February 18, 2015 – Notice of Public Statement Hearings on March 2 (Riverhead), March 3 (Smithtown), March 4 (Rockaway Park and Mineola)
- February 23, 2015 – Public Statement Hearings Press Release and Fact Sheet